Pages

Friday, July 3, 2020

Meadow Mushroom Hare



I have a new card to share today using gorgeous Lavinia Stamps and some stencilling.

The wonderful Meadow Mushroom stamp is the newest addition to my Lavinia collection and I couldn't wait to use it :)  It's gorgeous!





To create the background I used a piece of card that I had started previously which had the sun rays already on it. It was a second "print"  from another piece I'd been working on.
I had used distress inks to sponge on a colourful sky and then placed a sun rays stencil on top and sprayed it with water.  It created a gorgeous effect but I also noticed there was a lot of wet ink left on the stencil after doing this so I pressed it down on another piece of card and so ended up with two lovely backgrounds for the price of one :) Yay!

The rays were created using mustard seed, marmalade, raspberry and dusty concord Distress Inks.

I sponged some tumbled glass and broken china Distress Inks on top of the rays and splashed the card with some water and watered down Dusty Concord Distress Ink.

I also decided to add some stars.  I used Ranger Texture Paste for some and Versamark for others.
I then used a blue mica powder on top of them so they are actually shimmery.
I also added some "Disney stars"  to the sky with a white gel pen.

I stamped Whimsical Hares, Fairy Buttercups and Meadow Mushroom stamps by Lavinia Stamps using dusty concord, peeled paint and black Archival Inks.

I also used some Echo Park paper for the sentiment and strip behind the main panel.


I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges :

Lavinia Stamps challenge - my favourite stamp (whimsical hares)
Lavinia World challenges - anything goes
Modsquad Challenge - silhouette time
Southern Girls Challenge - anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown  anything goes
Ink Art Designs - anything goes


I had so much fun creating this card.
Thanks for dropping by for a look :)

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. You created such a sweet scene. Love that bunny sitting on the mushroom admiring all the stars. Beautiful background too. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lavinia World Challenges. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day!
    Crafty hugs,
    ♥ Lena ~ DT
    Lavinia World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this card! I love it so much, in fact, that I just ordered that adorable hare from Lavinia Stamps. Thanks for the inspiration. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! I love the sun in the background. Thank you for joining us at Lavinia World Challenges. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this and love how you did the stenciling! Thanks for playing along with us at the Lavinia challenges. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you made the sun rays! Beautiful project! Thank you for sharing it with us over LWC! Alina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy this is so sweet! I love the bunnies! Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenge!
    Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute with the rabbit on top of the mushrooms

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet scene. Love how that cute bunny is looking up at all the beautiful stars. Beautifully done. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lavinia World Challenges. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day, and stay safe and healthy!
    ♥ Lena ~ DT
    Lavinia World
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!