Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Blissful Starfruit

 

 

At Just Add Ink this week we have a colour challenge.

JAI_CC_#138

 

I must say I did find it challenging.  It’s the first time I’ve used any of the new in-colours and I haven’t bought any inks or markers (as yet anyway). I did have the cardstock though and so I decided to white emboss over the top of it.

 

IMG_5238

 

I used a few new goodies from my big SU spending spree in September on this card.

The ornament keepsakes bundle, delicate designs folders, good cheer wheel and Blissful Bird.

When I had worked out my order and was just about to submit it, I looked down at the catalogue which was open at the page with this bird on it and on a whim decided I had to add it too.  I hadn’t even noticed it before, even though I’d looked over the catalogue hundreds of times and agonised over what to buy.  Possibly because it is on the same page as the stamp I wanted most of all - Poppies.  Anyway when I saw it I thought it would make a great Christmas bird, even though SU haven’t put it in the Christmas section, that’s what I think it is.  I thought he might look great holding one of the ornaments.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Ornament Keepsakes, Blissful Bird, Good Cheer wheel

Card : confetti white, basic grey, starfruit

Ink : white

Other : white ep, big shot, holiday ornaments, delicate designs ef, bakers twine, sewing machine, bird punch, square lattice ef

 

It’s an unusual colour choice for a Christmas card I know, but I think it works.

Please take a look at what the rest of the team at JAI have come up with this week.  There are some gorgeous creations to inspire you.

 

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. That birdie is so cute! Love all the layers you have created here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your Christmas card definitely works Kathy. Love how you have the little bird holding the ornament and no-one would have known you didn't own any other Summer Starfruit items, other than cardstock, if you hadn't said. I think this card is beautiful and is going straight in my "To CASE" file!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a totally gorgeous card Kathy! That little bird was just made to hold an ornament! I love how you worked around only having cardstock in Starfruit - great lateral thinking :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card Kathy! You wouldn't have guessed you didn't have the matching ink - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Kathy! Clever to use the bird to hold the ornament and you did well with limited supplies.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy this is just lovely and I love that your birdie is holding the ornament - it's not a good look when you see things just floating out there attached to nothing lol.

    Love all your layers and the stitching.

    I picked up the Poppies stamp in my big order too and to date it hasn't seen ink - shame on me. Typical though.

    x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!