Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Butterfly friends

 

This week at Just Add Ink we have a fantastic colour challenge.

JAI_CC_#87

I was excited to give this colour combo a try because Pool Party is one of my new favourite colours.

Even though these colours are really quite bright, I decided to try making a “subtle” card with them.

IMG_2543

 

The background piece is the elements of style flower embossed in white and I used the emboss resist technique again and sponged pool party and crumb cake over the top of it.  Then I sprayed it with vanilla shimmer smooch spritz, although you can’t really see the effect of that much in the photo.

I used crumb cake on the Friendly words wheel and then stamped the kindness matters over the top with stazon.  I also stamped the middle butterfly onto calypso coral and cut it out and popped it on top.

I attached the friends tiny tag with a pin from vintage trinkets and added one of the little buttons to the card too. They were another birthday present (Yes, more … I am lucky aren’t I!)

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : kindness matters, friendly words, elements of style, tiny tags

Card : crumb cake, white, calypso coral, pool party

Ink :  crumb cake, stazon, versamark, pool party

Other : white ep, crumb cake taffeta, vanilla shimmer smooch spritz, vintage trinkets, scallop trim border punch

 

Please check out JAI to see what the rest of the design team have come up with this week and give these colours a try yourself.

 

Kathy

10 comments:

  1. This is stunning, Kathy! I love it even if it does have Elements of Style on it! :) You are really doing some wonderful things with all your birthday gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely your card was! Ich liebe es! Liebe Grüße Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage feel of this card and the fact that you're having so much fun with your birthday stash. Those butterflies were on my wish list and now they're on their way. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've certainly pulled of 'subtle' beautifully Kathy. I love this card, the white heat embossing, the little tag and pin...it's a really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful vintagey look you've created on this card, Kathy. I love it to bits!! Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is truly beautiful.
    I LOVE how you used my favourite stamp - white embossed and sponging over the top - just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the subtle look of this card and then the touch of boldness with that feature butterfly. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "STUNNING" is the only comment needed Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely Kathy. Love how the broad white frame sets off all the subtle details in the middle and the emboss resist background is very special indeed!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Kathy, the emboss resist piece looks just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!