Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Thank you nature

 

At Just Add Ink this week we (it feels so good to be able to say that now) :) have a sketch challenge for you.

image

I decided to use the Nature Walk set from our new mini.

It is a gorgeous set and I will be showing you a lot more Nature Walk cards over the next few weeks.

image

I stamped the flower onto very vanilla, brayered crumb cake onto the square lattice embossing folder and then put it through the big shot.  I embossed everything else with soft suede and clear embossing powder and coloured the bird and eggs with baja.

The ribbon is white organza that I just coloured using a dauber and soft suede.  Then I just pulled a thread in it.  It coloured really easily and looks beautiful this new colour.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps :  Nature walk, Because I care

Card : vanilla, suede, baja

Ink : baja, suede, crumb cake, versamark

Other :  clear embossing powder, organza ribbon, dimensionals, big shot, square lattice embossing folder

 

Head over to Just Add Ink and see what the rest of the design team did with this sketch and then why not give it a try yourself.

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Kathy you are definitely part of the team now! Love your card and especially how you changed the ribbon colour to match your colour scheme...I hadn't picked up what ribbon you had used until I read your post. Catch up again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... saw your card on SCS & came over to see your deets... I thought, "What does she mean this is in the new catalog? I missed getting it when it retired on Saturday!!" Then I realized you are down under... lol.
    Anyway, as I said on SCS: lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! My Nature Walk will be here tomorrow and I can't wait to play with it. Thanks for inspiring me to get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card!! I love everything about it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card using a terrific stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is a work of art. I'm now convinced I need to get some of that ribbon and ink up my embossing folders more often. It's so lovely to have you on the team and can't wait to meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Kathy - I especially like how you brayered and embossed the background - I still have to try that - and I love the blue green tones you added to the bird and eggs!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Kathy, beautiful ribbon and such a lovely soft colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was one stamp set I wasn't going to get, but I think my wallet will be a little lighter soon after seeing your beautiful card! I love how you how you have coloured the ribbon to match and the lattice background is gorgeous too Kathy. Welcome to the team ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful use of the sketch. Love the stamp set and colours you used. Just gorgeous.

    liam

    ReplyDelete
  11. love colours you have used

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Kathy. Love the coolour combo you've chosen and that ribbon is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!