A little while ago I got a blog award from Rita Wright.
She left me a lovely comment about my 50th birthday card plus this award.
Thanks so much Rita! You should definitely check out Rita’s blog here. She makes so many wonderful cards. She is very talented and is a very lovely person too!
With this award I have to tell you 7 things about myself you might not know.
* This first one is exciting for me and it’s how I met Rita. I’ve been chosen to be on Splitcoast Stampers Creative Crew! (Rita was chosen to be in the Crew too.) I will tell you more about the Creative Crew at the end of this post.
* I have lived in 3 different states (or territories) in Australia so far. No plan to leave lovely Tassie though!
* I love most kinds of music. Especially rock, metal, punk, grunge. Most people would be surprised by this.
* I usually play the same cd over and over again for weeks until I get so sick of it I HAVE to take it out. A cd in the car can stay in there for months and we never listen to the radio. Right now it’s Offspring we’re listening to.
* I have tried lots of crafts : knitting, cross-stitch, paper tole, scrapbooking and many more, but stamping is my favourite and my best! (Charlie and Lola quote there, I love them too!)
* I don’t watch movies very often. If I had to choose a favourite, I think it would be Edward Scissorhands.
* It’s hard for me to think of things to say about myself!
Now I have to pass this award on to other bloggers. I’d love to pass it back to Rita but I guess that’s not allowed.
Kirsty girl this is my daughter’s blog. She makes the occasional card but that’s not what her blog is about. It’s all about her photography and paintings. Great blog and she’s taught me everything I know about blogging and using a computer. (Which still isn’t much. She’s very patient though!) Thanks Kirsten.
stampinonthefly is Jen Timko’s blog. I have only recently found it. She makes wonderful cards. Check it out.
Jackie Topa is on the Creative Crew too. She is very clever and talented. You should check hers out as well.
Well I’ve probably rambled on enough today so I will just briefly explain about the Creative Crew. The Splitcoast Stampers site is the number 1 stamping site and a Stampin’ Up challenge group was started on there at the end of last year called the Creative Crew. It is a group of demonstrators chosen to enter challenges each month to showcase Stampin’ Up! products. The crew goes for 3 months. So I am doing May, June and July. I have been a bit quiet posting on my blog this month because I have been making my challenges for the crew and can’t show them till May. So I have been busy, just not posting. I will post 1 of my challenges here each week during my term. I will let you know what the challenges are and how to post your own entries to SCS later. Anyway it was a real honour to be chosen for the Crew, there are so many talented stampers in the group.