Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cheeky monkeys

 

There is a wonderful challenge at Paper Players this week. 

It’s a clean and simple sketch challenge.

image

This is how they describe what clean and simple means:

Clean and Simple creations:

  • use lots of white space
  • use few or no embellishments
  • use few layers

 

This is the card I came up with

IMG_1031

Those monkeys are so cute aren’t they?  You may be wondering why I have the number 3 on there, but only have 2 monkeys?  Well it’s actually a birthday card for twin boys who are turning 3 and the cute little monkeys are very much them!

Ingredients :

Stamps : fox and friends, so happy for you, party hearty

Card : espresso, white, real red, wasabi, bashful blue

Ink : espresso, real red

Other : big shot, little leaves, timeless type junior alpha

 

I’m not quite sure whether its politically incorrect to give twins a card to share?  But I’m assuming they won’t be that interested in the card anyway and will just want to get into those presents!

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. What a darling birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...their mother will cherish this card forever! The colours are perfect and I love that you used lots of white space so that the focus is on the monkeys and the number 3! Absolutely darling!
    So happy to see you at the Paper Players this week Kathy!!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable Kathy! Love those sweet little monkeys and their fun birthday hats. GREAT card! So glad you could join us this week!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too stinkin' cute! Absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this! I love the colors, and of course the cheeky monkeys! I think one card is fine! You are right...at this age it's all about the presents. However, Mom will treasure this card, I'm sure...perfect to add to a scrapbook! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many wonderful challenge blogs out in cyberland ... and my blog friends keep directing me to more! Sigh ... if only there was more than 24 hours in a day! Love the fun "take" on this challenge! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, I'm not going to lie...nothing makes me smile more then a "monkey card"!! Eeek, these little fellas are too stinkin' cute! Such a fun card for twins! Thanks so much for playing along with The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!