Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

First ever blog post!

Hi,

I have decided to start a blog, where I can show you some of my cards and let you know what’s going on in the world of Stampin’ Up!

I might talk about what is happening in the rest of my world too, but primarily this is my Stampin’ Up! sharing place.

I would love to get feedback on my cards, so please leave me a message if you like them.
Also if you need any card making advice just ask.  I’d love to help if I can.

I will try to post a new blog entry every few days, but I’m sure you understand that “other stuff” gets in the way of creativity sometimes. Anyway that’s my aim.

Picture 271contrast

This card is one that I’ve made for my Mum for her birthday.  I am actually making her a stack of different, but similar cards and putting them in a box for her to keep them in and use all year round.

It is called a Quilt card and it is a great way to use up your scraps of patterned paper, or dsp as us Stampin’ Up demos call it (designer series paper). I have made about 6 so far, some are bright and some more subtle.  I have enjoyed putting my scraps to good use though, (I’ve been hoarding them for a while).  It’s fun trying to get all the little squares in a pattern or colourway that you’re happy with, probably just like quilting but a lot less time consuming!  Anyway I’m happy with how they turned out plus my Mum is a quilter so I’m really hoping they will appeal to her. I am giving her a gift card to spend at a quilting shop to go along with them. I might show you a couple more later this week.

It’s been great having so many beautiful Stampin’ Up! sentiment stamps to use because I’ve been able to make her cards for lots of different occasions.  The design is the same for all of them, I just had to change the colours and sentiments.

I got the colours for this card from this weeks colour challenge on Just Add Ink.  You had to use Chocolate Chip, Kraft (aka Crumb Cake) and Real Red. I don’t think I’ve used these 3 colours together before and I thought I could give them a try on one of Mum’s cards.  I was happy with how it turned out.

If you look really hard at this card you may notice something new that Stampin’ Up! will be selling in the new catalogue (starting Sept. 1).  It’s the red backing piece, so you can’t see that much of it but it’s a new embossing folder for the Big Shot called Vintage Wallpaper. It’s absolutely stunning and you kind of feel bad covering it up at all really. (It looks even better in real life of course because you can really see the dimension it gives to the card).

I have just received copies of the new catalogue and there are so many beautiful things in it.  If you’re in one of my clubs you will get your free copy very soon.  If not, why not host a party and receive a free copy, plus all the other hostess benefits? Contact me if you’d like to find out more.

I hope you get some time to do some stamping this week too!
Kathy

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Occasional Greetings
Ink: Real Red, Choc Chip markers. (Choc chip pad and daubers for sponging).
Paper: Real Red, Choc Chip, Very Vanilla, Bella Bleu (for Kraft element of challenge)and retired choc chip xmas  dsp.
Big Shot Top Note die and vintage wallpaper e.f., large square punch, Red button, mat pack.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy! Congratulations on starting your blog! It looks fabulous! I love your card too - very pretty! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty.....I love making the "scrap quilt cards myself"!! Good luck on your blog...its addicting though...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy,I love this! The colours look beautiful, don't they? I LOVE making quilted Top Note cards, but hadn't made one in these colours; thanks for the inspiration. Congratulations on taking the plunge into the world of blogging! Hope to see lots more of your entries at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy,
    This card looks wonderful. It would be great if I was your first comment. I am loving the quilt look. It's funny because I just started a blog this week. However you are one step ahead of me. You have actualy written your first post.
    Good luck
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, and great way to start your blog off!!!!! Thanks for joining in with JAI
    Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Kathy,

    welcome to blogging - entering challenges is a great way to begin. Your lovely quilt card was a great way to start. It looks great in the colours.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. your card is great, congrats and welcome to stamping blog world

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy and welcome to the world of blogging! I love your card, and I am sure your mum will really appreciate her gift! I did the same thing for my mum and mother-in-law for Christmas and they both love having handmade cards to send out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific card, perfect way to celebrate your new blog. Congrats and good luck with it :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!